P&C Insurance and Re-Insurance
P&C Insurance and Re-Insurance
Insurance is a promise to policyholders. It says, when something goes wrong, we’ll be there to help. But you can’t make that promise to everyone and stay profitable. That’s where data makes a difference.
SpatialPoint has developed a number of insurance industry mapping solutions, such as mapping policy holders and claims, determining and managing risk, routing claims adjusters and more. Our clients include Prudential Financial, Aon and others.
A single view of risk makes a difference.
- Understand as much as possible about every location.
- Gain actionable insights to make better business decisions.
- Add precision to risk analysis and modeling and turn information into action.
- Improve pricing efficiency, risk management and more.
- Improve the customer experience with greater data and analytics.
- Drive bottom-line business objectives across the organization.
Everything you do depends on precise data.
Current and more accurate datasets to deliver today’s must-have insights.
Detect risk that others miss
- Understand natural hazards risk
- Pinpoint pockets of opportunity
Provide accurate, competitive pricing
Price based on a more accurate risk assessment
- Manage state filing requirements
Visualize total portfolio exposure
Enhance financial risk models
Understand which products consumers need
- Improve product design and pricing
Pitney Bowes offers you many ways to mitigate risk and improve pricing efficiency.
The Spectrum Enterprise Geocoding Module uses street addresses and postal codes, as well as intersection, road segment, named place and APN data to ensure that you get the most accurate data location possible, quickly and easily.
Master Location Data
To better understand risk, insurers need to associate customer addresses with precise locations and enrich those addresses with location-based risk information. Master Location Data and GeoEnrichment deliver Property Attribute Data, APN and Elevation to help you make quick, accurate decisions.
Baseline and detailed demographics datasets used with Geo-demographics data capture key indicators and characteristics, including Housing Type and Tenure, Household Size, Health, Education, Economic Status, Employment, Marital Status and Nationality.
“Geocoding and the Genealogy of an Address: When buildings have more than one address”.
Build a customer-centric insurance company
Handle claims with precision.
- Expedite claims processing.
- Enhance customer insights and analytics.
- Expedite adjuster response.
- Increase customer satisfaction and retention.
Market with confidence.
- Identify high-value customers and prospects.
- Target based on more precise risk profiles.
- Improve upsell and cross-sell.
- Recruit and retain key agents and brokers.
The Risk Data Suite
- Comprehensive location risk models for full understanding of risk exposure
- Scientific modeling from industry experts
- Provides competitive advantages with accurate and factual data
- Meets regulatory, rating, and reinsurance demands
- Underwriting to a profit
- Regularly updated
- Ready to use in MapInfo Pro, Spectrum Spatial Analyst, Location Intelligence Module
- Easy to consumer by other spatial technology and Business Intelligence tools
Including FEMA Flood Boundaries and DFIRM
data, FloodRisk Pro helps insurers better control operational costs by leveraging sophisticated elevation and proximity data. Underwrite and rate properties with greater accuracy to improve determination and management of potential flood
risk, inside and outside of FEMA flood zones.
Unique dataset combining historic archived data which has been converted to digital format, along with the most recent updates from FEMA.
- Complete coverage of the USA
- Identify immediate, and historical trend risk (100 yr. flood zones)
A comprehensive state-of-the-art analysis of wildfire risk in the US. Combining fire shed, forest condition, topography and fire behavior analysis, FireRisk Pro derives the most crucial outputs and understanding
of wildfire risk assessment.
Underwrite in high value areas where the competition cannot.
- Define nationwide risk scores by coupling wildfire loss data and wildfire risk
- Calibrate wildfire risk with historical loss data to predict portfolio exposure
- Perform national wildfire risk portfolio management with one consistent solution
Helps underwriters determine the maximum earthquake exposure for a specific ZIP Code or by insurer territory.
Comprehensive spatial data for analysis of ground shaking effects upon property:
- Residential and commercial property
- Gas lines, pipe Lines and utilities
- Fault lines and fault zones – 1/4 mile
- Earthquake epicenters – history
- Earthquake exposure – 5 by 5 mile grid
- Earthquake frequency – number of R5 or greater incidents
Mass Movement Bundle
Represents movements of masses of bodies of soil, bedrock, rock debris, soil, or mud that typically occur along steep-sided hills and mountains.
Large amounts of rock and soil movement:
- Mountainous or hilly areas
- Volcanic activity
- Landslides – locations, regional impact,
- Abandoned Coal Mine locations
- Karst and Pseudokarst regions – caves
- Florida Sinkholes locations
The Weather Bundle contains comprehensive hazardous weather data including historical records
of hurricane, hail, tornado and wind storm information. Gives insurance carriers the ability to measure windstorm history for policy locations, disaster scenario analysis as well as weather-related risk exposure for commercial and residential properties.
Comprehensive hazardous weather analysis tools built around accurate historical weather information from 1985 to the present:
- Hail Storms
- Wind Storms
Datasets are provided as:
- Historical events
- Total events in 5 by 5 mile grids
- Severity frequency regions
Pitney Bowes CrimeIndex data can be used to improve insurance underwriting applications and for risk and fraud assessment. The combined qualitative and quantitative crime classifications measure the likelihood of where crime may occur by 11 crime
types for all block groups in the US and Puerto Rico. Specific crime variables measured include Overall Crime, Violent Crime Score, Murder, Robbery, Aggravated Assault and many other categories.
CrimeRisk Index measures the likelihood of where a crime may occur across 11 crime types.
Each crime variable includes both a numerical score and a qualitative categorization:
- Numerical Score: Higher values denote the increased likelihood of criminal activity
- Qualitative Score: Explains the numerical crime score probability
Pitney Bowes defines crime according to Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) definitions for crime.
- Index based area profiling
- Coverage: USA
Solutions for the Insurance Industry
Where is the nearest agent to a customers home or business? Store/Agent Locators from SpatialPoint can help make you more findable, making it easier to do business with you.